The production of the texts.
The texts read by the pupils in the assessment were developed by our researchers and educational experts. They had to fulfill several requirements to give a true and fair result and have been compared with other teaching materials used by each year group.
- The texts should be similar to other texts the pupils read in their specific year group.
- They have the same complexity in terms of the number of sentences, words, and the proportion of long words as other texts pupils read in each year group.
- The texts should not be longer than necessary so pupils can easily maintain concentration.
- Texts for each year group should have the same appearance in terms of, for example, line length and line number.
- They have been composed so all pupils in a year group can access the text, even if some pupils find them more difficult than others.
- The texts should have a coherent narrative and content so that we can easily measure pupils’ understanding.
With the Lexplore test, a pupil will never read the same text twice. There are several texts available for each year group and these are randomly generated during the assessment.
The reason why we produced several texts is to minimize the recognition factor and for a pupil to be able to sit the test several times in a year, without reading the same text each time.
🛎️At Lexplore, we love to help our users with their questions and provide self-help guides for quicker service. Please vote below on the Question of whether or not this article was helpful. 😊