All about Assessments
Understand and manage the Results
Information for guardians
Checklist when reading the comprehension questions
Points to remember when reading the comprehension questions.
- The questions should be asked in a neutral tone.
- When the pupil provides an answer, respond with ’Ok’ or ’Thank you’.
- If the pupil wants to change their answer to a previous question, this is acceptable. Make the amendment where needed.
- If the pupil does not answer at all, but just sits quietly or shrugs, mark the answer as 'Wrong' and move on to the next question. Again, saying ‘OK’ is a good way to move on.
- It is ok to repeat questions if the pupil does not respond.
- Avoid rephrasing questions.
- The Examiner must not help the pupil with answering the questions.