- All about Testing
All about Testing
Functions in The Lexplore Portal
Understand the Results
The five steps of the assessment
Once the pupil and the hardware are positioned correctly, the five steps of the assessment are:
- RAN – Rapid Automatised Naming of letters
- The pupil reads the first passage of text aloud.
- The pupil then answers questions about the text they have just read.
- The second passage of text is read silently by the pupil. Year 2 pupils always read both texts out loud. This passage of text may also be read aloud by pupils in high year groups if that need exists.
- The pupil then answers questions about the silent text.