This article describes what to do when you can't find an organisation/school in the Testing Application when you are trying to select a pupil for testing.
We recommend you follow this checklist if you don't see your organisation/school in the Testing Application.First, check in the Results Portal to see if the pupils you are planning to test have been added in there. If the pupils haven't been imported to the Results Portal, the organisation they belong to will not appear in the Testing Application either.
- If you can't find the pupils in the Results Portal, they may need to be imported to the Results Portal. When pupils are imported to the Results Portal they are automatically available in the testing Application. Please click here for some instructions for importing pupils with an Excel File.
If your pupils have been imported into the Results Portal but you are still unable to select your organisation in the Testing Application, please try the following to clear the cache in the Testing Application itself:
- Restart the Testing Application.
- Click the "update" icon as shown below.
- If a) & b) don't work, Press Ctrl+F5 on your keyboard. You should then see a blue wheel spinning which means it's cleaning the cache in the Testing Application.
- If c) doesn’t work, try uninstalling then reinstalling the Testing Application.
- Delete the file named “secret” from your laptop/PC. This file is located here - (c:)\users\YOURUSERACCOUNT\AppData\Roaming\LexploreScreeningClient\SecretCache. In order to accomplish this step, you may need to complete f) first.
- To find secret files on your PC, you first need to be able to view "Hidden items".
Please see the information below from the Microsft support page:
View hidden files and folders in Windows 10:
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
- Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
🛎️Here at Lexplore, we love to help our users with their questions and provide self-help guides for quicker service. Please vote below on the Question of whether or not this article was helpful. 😊