If you wish to add pupils to the Results Portal, we recommend using our Excel template for import. The template is available from within the Portal and can be downloaded to your laptop/PC.
Importing pupils en masse via Excel only needs to be done at the start of each academic year, or if you are new to Lexplore. Pupils must be imported into the Results Portal before assessments can take place within the Testing Application.
The import can be carried out by users with the role of ambassador, examiner, project manager and organisation administrator.
This article is very useful when importing pupils en masse. For classes that already exists in Lexplore in earlier academic years you can use our roll-up-function - read more HERE. If instead you wish to add just a few, or an individual pupil, that can be done manually in the Results Portal too. Read more here: How do I add a new or additional pupil in the Results Portal?
Here are the steps to follow for importing pupils into the Results Portal:
- Log into the Results Portal and select the current academic year. Lexplore Results Portal
- On the left side of the screen, filter to the school you want to import pupils to (if this is not already pre-selected). When you filter to the level you have access to, a cog appears in the upper right corner. Click on the cog.
If you are an examiner, project manager or an organisation administrator for an entire organisation, the cog will be visible without you having to filter down to school.
- You will then come to the administration page for the school/organisation. Click on Pupils in the menu to the left of the screen. At the top right, click on IMPORT PUPILS.
- A box will appear where you can choose DOWNLOAD EXCEL TEMPLATE or CHOOSE EXCEL FILE. If you have not filled in out our template, you first need to select Download Excel template. It is then downloaded to your computer.
- You fill the Excel template with pupils and classes according to the instructions we give. In the template you will find instructions on how to proceed. You can also read more here: How do I fill in the Excel template for importing pupils and classes?
- When everything is filled you save the file on your pc.
- Click on IMPORT PUPILS on the administartion site, just as you did when downloading the Excel template.
- Click on CHOOSE EXCEL FILE or drag the Excel file and drop it in the specified location.
- If there is anything that needs to be changed you will receive information about it before the file can be saved.
- If warnings appear, decide if you want to save or if the Excel file should be updated first.
Click SAVE. All the data from the file is now in the results portal and application.
- The Excel spreadsheet is missing any of the columns (except Gender or Email Address, as these fields are optional)
- The column headers are not written exactly as listed on the Excel template.
If your school is using the same UPNs as other schools in the organisation, you need to use an abbreviation of the school name as a prefix before all pupil UPNs.
🛎️Here at Lexplore, we love to help our users with their questions and provide self-help guides for quicker service. Please vote below on the Question of whether or not this article was helpful. 😊